Members Preferred Credit Union Is Now Your First Line of Defense against Identity Theft
Think it is someone else’s problem? Think Again.
Identity theft affects millions of Americans every year and is consistently the number one complaint to the FTC. The ever-increasing desire for mobile technology puts personally identifiable information (PII) at risk every day. And, with more than 30 different types of identity fraud reported to the Federal Trade Commission every year, being prepared is becoming a necessity. What would your next step be if any of the following happened to you:
- A skimmer at a gas station steals your credit card information and duplicates are sent all over the state.
- A thief impersonates you to apply for a new loan or credit card.
- A felon commits a crime and uses your name and information when apprehended.
- Your child’s Social Security number becomes compromised and the thief creates an entirely new identity; severely affecting your child’s financial future.
How is Members Preferred Credit Union combating this growing problem?
All Members Preferred Credit Union checking accounts with a balance of $10 or more are eligible for fully managed identity fraud research, remediation and recovery services.
How do Fully Managed Identity Fraud Research, Remediation and Recovery Services help me?
If you suspect identity fraud, or if your personal information becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop, data breach, or other event, we can help! Simply contact Members Preferred Credit Union, and a representative will securely submit your case. A personal Recovery Advocate will be assigned to your case and will contact you directly by phone within 2 business days.
Your dedicated professional Recovery Advocate will complete the legwork on your behalf to research and remediate all identity fraud incidents and restore your identity to a pre-event status, with no time limit. Depending upon your identity fraud incident, these efforts may include:
- Working with you to identify fraudulent activity, including credit report review (if appropriate) and conduct additional research to determine the extent of the fraud.
- Place fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus.
- Assist you in completing an Identity Theft Affidavit and Declaration of Fraud to establish your rights as a victim.
- Activate complimentary credit monitoring, if applicable, during your recovery to help you watch for additional signs of abuse.
- Contact the Social Security Administration, U.S. Postal Service, Department of Motor Vehicles, and more, as applicable, to address any misuse of official documentation of your identity.
- Research and document all fraudulent transactions and false accounts or contracts signed with creditors, banks, utility companies, leasing agents, medical facilities, etc.
- Follow up to make sure wrongful activity is expunged from your records.
- Work with local and federal law enforcement to try to stop the criminal or criminals who are using your identity.
- Enlist other members of the recovery team to assist when necessary, including professional investigators and legal advisors.
- Provide 12 months of personal follow-up your recovery is complete — to be sure you stay recovered!
In addition, if an eligible family member experiences an identity fraud event, they are covered too! These benefits extend to cover up to three generations of your family.
Eligible family members include:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address — even if they are in college or the military
- Any other IRS qualified dependents
- Parents with the same permanent address — living at home or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, hospice, etc.)
Plus, all covered family members are covered up to 12 months after death — an important feature as this type of identity fraud is very common.
As an added service, we have arranged for the professional identity fraud research, remediation and recovery benefits to extend beyond just accounts with us to cover all types of identity fraud — this includes both financial and non-financial fraud, such as:
- Medical fraud
- Bank and credit card fraud
- Government documents and benefits fraud
- Employment fraud
- Phone and utilities fraud
- And many more
Are you already working with a Recovery Advocate?
Click here https://mpcuid.merchantsinfo.com to log into your personal Identity Care Account and view details and status of your recovery. Don’t forget that your personal Recovery Advocate is available to answer any questions or concerns you might have during your Recovery.
Looking for more Identity Fraud Detection and Recovery Tools?
Click here https://mpcuid.merchantsinfo.com to purchase additional services to assist in identity fraud detection and recovery. Packages include fully managed identity recovery, credit monitoring, identity theft expense reimbursement insurance, and more.