We have been serving our membership since 1968. The charter has been amended over the years to allow more people in our community to become members. To become a member of Members Preferred Credit Union, you must either have an immediate family with a membership at the credit union or be eligible by one of the following:
- All immediate family members including any relative by blood, marriage, foster or adoption
- Employees of the credit union.
- Retired annuitants of Industrial groups (listed below)
- Auxiliary organizations of Industrial groups (listed below)
- Industrial groups (listed below)
- Limited to person living or working in the following counties within the Industrial groups;
Membership shall be limited to the following industrial groups as defined below:
Masonry, Stone Setting and Stonework
Small Arms Ammunition
Security and Commodity Brokers, Dealers, Exchanges and Services
Engineering, Architectural and Surveying Services
Accounting, Auditing and Bookkeeping Services
Members Preferred Credit Union is a member-owned, state chartered, and privately-insured financial institution serving a diverse group.
Medical Credit Union was chartered in 1968 to service those in the medical field. Initially we operated out of a basement of another local credit union. The credit union merged with Carpenters Credit Union later changing its name to Medical and Professional Credit Union. The Credit Union continued to grow and merged with Snake River Credit Union, eventually changing our name to Members Preferred Credit Union aka MPCU.
Our goal is the same as when the credit union first began in 1968, to provide excellent financial service to our membership! We aim to keep costs down enabling the credit union to offer low loan rates and pay higher dividend rates.
Providing true commitment to our membership while helping our members realize their financial goals, one solution at a time.
Striving to give our members confidence for us to be their preferred financial entity – now and for generations to come.
Our pledge to you
- We promise to treat you with respect
- We promise to thank you for being a member
- We promise to provide you with excellent member service
- We promise to recommend solutions that will improve your financial condition
- We promise to take ownership of your requests
- We promise to provide a friendly environment
- We promise to greet you with a smile